[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, May 2017

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Mon Jun 5 05:24:14 UTC 2017

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, May 2017
Important happenings for Gluster for May:
---
3.11 Release!
Our 3.11 release is officially out!
https://blog.gluster.org/2017/05/announcing-gluster-3-11/

Note that this is a short term supported release.
3.12 is underway with a feature freeze date of July 17, 2017.
---
Gluster Summit 2017!

Gluster Summit 2017 will be held in Prague, Czech Republic on October 27
and 28th. We'll be opening a call for papers for this instead of having an
application process to attend.
https://www.gluster.org/events/summit2017

---
Our weekly community meeting has changed: we'll be meeting every other week
instead of weekly, moving the time to 15:00 UTC, and our agenda is at:
https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings
We hope this means that more people can join us. Kaushal outlines the
changes on the mailing list:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-January/051918.html
---

>From Red Hat Summit:
Container-Native Storage for Modern Applications with OpenShift and Red Hat
Gluster Storage
http://bit.ly/2qpLVP0

Architecting and Performance-Tuning Efficient Gluster Storage Pools
http://bit.ly/2qpMgkK

Noteworthy threads from the mailing lists:
Announcing GlusterFS release 3.11.0 (Short Term Maintenance) - Shyam -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-May/031298.html
GlusterFS and Kafka - Christopher Schmidt -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-May/031185.html
gluster-block v0.2 is alive! - Prasanna Kalever -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-May/030933.html
GlusterFS removal from Openstack Cinder - Joe Julian
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-May/031223.html
Release 3.12 and 4.0: Thoughts on scope - Shyam  -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052811.html
Reviews older than 90 days  - Amar Tumballi -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052844.html
[Proposal]: Changes to how we test and vote each patch  - Amar Tumballi -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052868.html
Volgen support for loading trace and io-stats translators at specific
points in the graph - Krutika Dhananjay -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052881.html
Backport for "Add back socket for polling of events immediately..." - Shyam
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052887.html
[Proposal]: New branch (earlier: Changes to how we test and vote each
patch) -  Amar Tumballi -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052933.html

Gluster Top 5 Contributors in the last 30 days:
Krutika Dhananjay, Michael Scherer, Kaleb S. Keithley, Nigel Babu, Xavier
Hernandez

Upcoming CFPs:
Open Source Summit Europe –
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe/program/cfp