[Gluster-users] Heal operation detail of EC volumes

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:31:04 UTC 2017

>Is it possible that this matches your observations ?
Yes that matches what I see. So 19 files is being in parallel by 19
SHD processes. I thought only one file is being healed at a time.
Then what is the meaning of disperse.shd-max-threads parameter? If I
set it to 2 then each SHD thread will heal two files at the same time?

>How many IOPS can handle your bricks ?
Bricks are 7200RPM NL-SAS disks. 70-80 random IOPS max. But write
pattern seems sequential, 30-40MB bulk writes every 4-5 seconds.
This is what iostat shows.

>Do you have a test environment where we could check all this ?
Not currently but will have in 4-5 weeks. New servers are arriving, I
will add this test to my notes.

> There's a feature to allow to configure the self-heal block size to optimize these cases. The feature is available on 3.11.
I did not see this in 3.11 release notes, what parameter name I should look for?