[Gluster-users] gluster volume 3.10.4 hangs

Seva Gluschenko gvs at webkontrol.ru
Mon Jul 31 08:12:28 UTC 2017

Hi folks,
I'm running a simple gluster setup with a single volume replicated at two servers, as follows:

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: dd4996c0-04e6-4f9b-a04e-73279c4f112b
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: sst0:/var/glusterfs
Brick2: sst2:/var/glusterfs
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.self-heal-daemon: enable
performance.readdir-ahead: on
nfs.disable: on
transport.address-family: inet

This volume is used to store data in highload production, and recently I faced two major problems that made the whole idea of using gluster quite questionnable, so I would like to ask gluster developers and/or call for community wisdom in hope that I might be missing something. The problem is, when it happened that one of replica servers hung, it caused the whole glusterfs to hang. Could you please drop me a hint, is it expected behaviour, or are there any tweaks and server or volume settings that might be altered to change this? Any help would be appreciated much.
--
Best Regards,

Seva Gluschenko
CTO @ http://webkontrol.ru (http://webkontrol.ru/)