[Gluster-users] Possible stale .glusterfs/indices/xattrop file?

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Sun Jul 30 01:31:00 UTC 2017

On 07/29/2017 04:36 PM, mabi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for mailing again but as mentioned in my previous mail, I have
> added an arbiter node to my replica 2 volume and it seem to have gone
> fine except for the fact that there is one single file which needs
> healing and does not get healed as you can see here from the output of
> a "heal info":
>
> Brick node1.domain.tld:/data/myvolume/brick
> Number of entries: 0
>
> Brick node2.domain.tld:/data/myvolume/brick
> <gfid:29e0d13e-1217-41cc-9bda-1fbbf781c397>
> Number of entries: 1
>
> Brick arbiternode.domain.tld:/srv/glusterfs/myvolume/brick
> Number of entries: 0
>
> On my node2 the respective .glusterfs/indices/xattrop directory
> contains two files as you can see below:
>
> ls -lai  /data/myvolume/brick/.glusterfs/indices/xattrop
> total 76180
>      10 drw------- 2 root root 4 Jul 29 12:15 .
>       9 drw------- 5 root root 5 Apr 28 22:15 ..
> 2798404 ---------- 2 root root 0 Apr 28 22:51
> 29e0d13e-1217-41cc-9bda-1fbbf781c397
> 2798404 ---------- 2 root root 0 Apr 28 22:51
> xattrop-6fa49ad5-71dd-4ec2-9246-7b302ab92d38
>

> I tried to find the real file on my brick where this xattrop file
> points to using its inode number (command: find
> /data/myvolume/brick/data -inum 8394642) but it does not find any
> associated file.
>
> So my question here is, is it possible that this is a stale file which
> just forgot to get deleted from the indices/xattrop file by gluster
> for some unknown reason? If yes is it safe for me to delete these two
> files? or what would be the correct process in that case?
The 'xattrop-6fa...' is the base entry. gfids of files that need heal
are hard linked to this entry, so nothing needs to be done for it. But
you need to find out why '29e0d13...' is not healing. Launch the heal
and observe the glustershd logs for errors. I suppose the inode number
for .glusterfs/29/e0/29e0d13e-1217-41cc-9bda-1fbbf781c397 is what is
8394642.  Is .glusterfs/29/e0/29e0d13e-1217-41cc-9bda-1fbbf781c397 a
regular file or  symlink? Does it exist in the other 2 bricks? What is
the link count (as seen from stat <file>)?
-Ravi