[Gluster-users] Possible stale .glusterfs/indices/xattrop file?

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sat Jul 29 11:06:19 UTC 2017

Hi,
Sorry for mailing again but as mentioned in my previous mail, I have added an arbiter node to my replica 2 volume and it seem to have gone fine except for the fact that there is one single file which needs healing and does not get healed as you can see here from the output of a "heal info":
Brick node1.domain.tld:/data/myvolume/brick
Number of entries: 0
On my node2 the respective .glusterfs/indices/xattrop directory contains two files as you can see below:
ls -lai /data/myvolume/brick/.glusterfs/indices/xattrop
total 76180
10 drw------- 2 root root 4 Jul 29 12:15 .
9 drw------- 5 root root 5 Apr 28 22:15 ..
2798404 ---------- 2 root root 0 Apr 28 22:51 29e0d13e-1217-41cc-9bda-1fbbf781c397
2798404 ---------- 2 root root 0 Apr 28 22:51 xattrop-6fa49ad5-71dd-4ec2-9246-7b302ab92d38
I tried to find the real file on my brick where this xattrop file points to using its inode number (command: find /data/myvolume/brick/data -inum 8394642) but it does not find any associated file.
So my question here is, is it possible that this is a stale file which just forgot to get deleted from the indices/xattrop file by gluster for some unknown reason? If yes is it safe for me to delete these two files? or what would be the correct process in that case?
Thank you for your input.
Mabi