[Gluster-users] gluster-heketi-kubernetes

Bishoy Mikhael b.s.mikhael at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 06:19:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Gluster and Heketi on a Kubernetes cluster
I'm following the guide at https://github.com/gluster/gluster-kubernetes/
but the video referenced in the page is showing json files used while the
git repo has only yaml files, they are quiet similar though, but Gluster is
a deployment not a DaemonSet.

I deploy Gluster DaemonSet successfully, but heketi is giving me the
following error:

# kubectl logs deploy-heketi-930916695-np4hb

Heketi v4.0.0-8-g9372c22-release-4

[kubeexec] ERROR 2017/07/21 06:08:52 /src/
github.com/heketi/heketi/executors/kubeexec/kubeexec.go:125: Namespace must
be provided in configuration: File /var/run/secrets/
kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/namespace not found

[heketi] ERROR 2017/07/21 06:08:52 /src/
github.com/heketi/heketi/apps/glusterfs/app.go:85: Namespace must be
provided in configuration: File /var/run/secrets/
kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/namespace not found

ERROR: Unable to start application

What am I doing wrong here?!

I found more than one source for documentation about how to use Gluster as
a persistent storage for kubernetes, some of them are:
https://github.com/heketi/heketi/wiki/Kubernetes-Integration
https://github.com/wattsteve/glusterfs-kubernetes

Which one to follow?!

Also I've created a topology file as noted by one of the documentation, but
I don't know how to provide it to heketi.

Regards,
Bishoy Mikhael