[Gluster-users] moving drives containing bricks from one server to another

Andy Tai atai at atai.org
Tue Jul 18 10:18:59 UTC 2017

hi,  I did not see a reply to my problem.  Let me ask it in a different
way...

If I have bricks from a previous glusterfs volume and that volume is now
gone because of the old machine was replaced, now I tried to create a new
volume and add the old bricks to the new volume with the "force" opinion to
"volume create".  The old data files are still in the bricks but when I
mount the new volume the new volume shows it is empty.

Is it possible for glusterfs to recognize the old data files on the bricks
in some way to essentially re-create the same view as the old volume, via
some kind of healing or meta data re-scan or re-creation?  The bricks are
in good shape with no data corruption and are in sync (same data were
replicated).  Thanks