[Gluster-users] Distributed volume disaster recovery

Sameer S mailboxtosameer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 18:03:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

I had a question about recovering a 3 node cluster with a distributed
volume.

If I create a 3 node distributed glusterfs cluster with RAID 6 on each
node. What happens in the following case and what are my options.

Scenario:
The OS disk fails on node 2, which means I loose glusfterfs-server, the OS
and associated config data while all the bricks are healthy, can I
re-install the server, remount the bricks with the data intact and re-add
the new server to the cluster and run heal ?

Or does the above scenario mean that I have permanently lost data on those
healthy bricks ?

Is there any document that I can read to understand how to recover from
such a failure ?

Thanks
termcap