[Gluster-users] op-version for reset-brick (Was: Re: [ovirt-users] Upgrading HC from 4.0 to 4.1)

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 15:14:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Sahina Bose <sabose at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> Yes, correct. gl01.localdomain.local should resolve correctly on all 3
>>> nodes.
>>>

>> It fails at first step:
>>
>>  [root at ovirt01 ~]# gluster volume reset-brick export
>> ovirt01.localdomain.local:/gluster/brick3/export start
>> volume reset-brick: failed: Cannot execute command. The cluster is
>> operating at version 30712. reset-brick command reset-brick start is
>> unavailable in this version.
>> [root at ovirt01 ~]#
>>
>> It seems somehow in relation with this upgrade not of the commercial
>> solution Red Hat Gluster Storage
>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Storag
>> e/3.1/html/Installation_Guide/chap-Upgrading_Red_Hat_Storage.html
>>
>> So ti seems I have to run some command of type:
>>
>> gluster volume set all cluster.op-version XXXXX
>>
>> with XXXXX > 30712
>>
>> It seems that latest version of commercial Red Hat Gluster Storage is 3.1
>> and its op-version is indeed 30712..
>>
>> So the question is which particular op-version I have to set and if the
>> command can be set online without generating disruption....
>>

> It should have worked with the glusterfs 3.10 version from Centos repo.
> Adding gluster-users for help on the op-version

This definitely means your cluster op-version is running < 3.9.0

         if (conf->op_version < GD_OP_VERSION_3_9_0
&&
            strcmp (cli_op, "GF_REPLACE_OP_COMMIT_FORCE"))
{
                snprintf (msg, sizeof (msg), "Cannot execute command. The
"
                          "cluster is operating at version %d. reset-brick
"
                          "command %s is unavailable in this
version.",

conf->op_version,
                          gd_rb_op_to_str
(cli_op));
                ret =
-1;
                goto
out;
        }

What's the version of gluster bits are you running across the gluster
cluster? Please note cluster.op-version is not exactly the same as of rpm
version and with every upgrades it's recommended to bump up the op-version.