[Gluster-users] Failure while upgrading gluster to 3.11.1 (was 3.10.1)

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jul 3 12:57:39 UTC 2017

On 07/03/2017 07:41 AM, Pawan Alwandi wrote:
> Hi Kaleb,
>
> Thanks, this refers to 3.11.x

I've respun the 3.11.1 pkgs for Debian and Ubuntu with gnfs enabled.
Debian packages are on download.gluster.org. Ubuntu packages are in the
Launchpad PPA.

Reminder No. 1: 3.11 is a STM release. Support for it will end with the
release of 3.12 in a couple months. Please keep this in mind if you're
planning on using 3.11 in production.

Reminder No. 2 and a possible topic for the next Maintainers meeting: As
we continue our migration to nfs-ganesha as our preferred NFS solution I
am tentatively planning to drop _packaging_ of gnfs entirely in the
Community packages of GlusterFS-4.0. The gnfs xlator sources will remain
in the source tree for the foreseeable future for those users who wish
to build it themselves. Anyone using gnfs should really consider
migrating to nfs-ganesha as soon as they can.