[Gluster-users] Very slow performance on Sharded GlusterFS

gencer at gencgiyen.com gencer at gencgiyen.com
Mon Jul 3 08:47:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to give an update for this. I also tested READ speed. It seems, sharded volume has a lower read speed than striped volume.

This machine has 24 cores with 64GB of RAM . I really don’t think its caused due to low system. Stripe is kind of a shard but a fixed size based on stripe value / filesize. Hence, I would expect at least the same speed or maybe little slower. What I get is 5-10x slower.

I play with Gluster’s threads count, performance tweaks, caches and etc. Nothing helped. In fact, the performance tweaks that I apply for stripe makes sharded volume much much more worse. Default values are better on sharded volume.

-Gencer.