[Gluster-users] Location of the gluster client log with libgfapi?

Doug Ingham dougti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:21:30 UTC 2017

Hi Kevin,

On 27 Jan 2017 16:20, "Kevin Lemonnier" <lemonnierk at ulrar.net> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 02:45:46PM -0300, Gambit15 wrote:
> Hey guys,
>  Would anyone be able to tell me the name/location of the gluster client
> log when mounting through libgfapi?

Nowhere, unfortunatly. If you are talking about KVM (qemu) you'll get it
on the stdout of the VM, which can be annoying to get depending on what
you are using.

I'm using oVirt 4, which whilst backed by KVM, I'm aware has a few defaults
which differ from pure KVM.

On the gluster side, I'm running 3.8 in a (2+1)x2 setup & default server
quorum settings.

Basically, every now & then I notice random VHD images popping up in the
heal queue, and they're almost always in pairs, "healing" the same file on
2 of the 3 replicate bricks.
That already strikes me as odd, as if a file is "dirty" on more than one
brick, surely that's a split-brain scenario? (nothing logged in "info
split-brain" though)

Anyway, these heal processes always hang around for a couple of hours, even
when it's just metadata on an arbiter brick.
That doesn't make sense to me, an arbiter shouldn't take more than a couple
of seconds to heal!?

I spoke with Joe on IRC, and he suggested I'd find more info in the
client's logs...