[Gluster-users] Compile xlator separately

David Spisla david.spisla at iternity.com
Thu Jan 26 15:50:44 UTC 2017

Hello Gluster Community,

I want to make some small changes to the read-only xlator. For this I want to re-compile the .so-file separately.
I use the source from gluster 3.8.8 and the makefile according to this tutorial:

https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/developer-guide/translator-development.md#this-time-for-real

But this tutorial seems to be obsolet because I did some small changes to re-compile the read-only.so. This ist my makefile:

# Change these to match your source code.
TARGET  = read-only.so
OBJECTS = read-only.o

# Change these to match your environment.
GLFS_SRC = /srv/glusterfs-3.8.8
GLFS_LIB = /usr/lib64
HOST_OS  = GF_LINUX_HOST_OS

# You shouldn't need to change anything below here.

CFLAGS  = -fPIC -Wall -O0 -g \
      -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE \
      -D$(HOST_OS) -I$(GLFS_SRC) -I$(GLFS_SRC)/contrib/uuid \
      -I$(GLFS_SRC)/libglusterfs/src
LDFLAGS = -shared -nostartfiles -L$(GLFS_LIB)
LIBS = -lpthread

$(TARGET): $(OBJECTS)
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(TARGET) $(OBJECTS) $(LIBS)

You see I removed the -lglusterfs from LIBS, because the compiler can not find this library. Is there another path actually?
I also removed the first $(OBJECTS), because the compiler give me error messages.

What is the best way to compile a xlator manually?

One more question: Does glusterd bind those feature-xlators dynamically to one volume? Because in the volfiles I can not see an entry for them.

Thank you for your attention!

David Spisla
Software Developer
david.spisla at iTernity.com<mailto:david.spisla at iTernity.com>
www.iTernity.com<http://www.iternity.com/>
Tel:       +49 761-590 34 841

[cid:image001.png at 01D239C7.FDF7B430]

iTernity GmbH
Heinrich-von-Stephan-Str. 21
79100 Freiburg - Germany
---
unseren technischen Support erreichen Sie unter +49 761-387 36 66
---
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Steinemann
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Freiburg: HRB-Nr. 701332
USt.Id de-24266431