[Gluster-users] rebalance and volume commit hash

Piotr Misiak pmisiak at cloudferro.com
Tue Jan 17 16:00:45 UTC 2017

Do you think that is wise to run rebalance process manually on every
brick with the actual commit hash value?

I didn't do anything with bricks after previous rebalance run and I have
cluster.weighted-rebalance=off.

My problem is that I have a very big directory structure (millions of
directories and files) and I haven't ever completed rebalance process
once, because it will take I guess weeks or months. I'd like to speed it
up a bit by not generating new commit hash for volume during new
rebalance run. Then directories rebalanced in the previous run will be
untouched during the new run. Is it possible?

Thanks

Piotr Misiak
Senior Cloud Engineer
CloudFerro Sp. z o.o.