[Gluster-users] Convert to Shard - Setting Guidance

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Mon Jan 23 16:01:25 UTC 2017

I did a combination of live storage migrations (be sure to delete any snapshots afterward if using ovirt) and shutdown, migrate, reboot. Anything that did heavy disk use, particularly writes, was giving me trouble (pauses, crashes, reboots) with live storage migrations so I just shut down anything else with heavy disk writes and did them offline. Mysql servers, for example.

Note that if you’re using ovirt, partially the 3.6 series, I had to migrate the VM to a new host after moving the disk and before erasing the snapshots. Otherwise they’d crash when removing the snapshot, something in qemu not quite right I imagine.

   -Darrell