[Gluster-users] nfs service not detected

Matthew Ma 馬耀堂 (奧圖碼) matthew.ma at optoma.com
Mon Jan 23 09:48:33 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have created two gluster-servers and applied following cmd:
gluster volume create fs-disk replica 2 transport tcp,rdma sgnfs-ser1:/mnt/dev/ sgnfs-ser2:/mnt/dev/

I touch a file under /mnt/dev in sgnfs-ser2 , but there is nth in sgnfs-ser1.
Then I troubleshooting with following cmd:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

root at sgnfs-ser1:~# gluster volume status
Status of volume: fs-disk
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick sgnfs-ser1:/mnt/dev                               49152   Y       12395
Brick sgnfs-ser2:/mnt/dev                               49152   Y       5791
NFS Server on localhost                                 N/A     N       N/A
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       12407
NFS Server on sgnfs-ser2                                N/A     N       N/A
Self-heal Daemon on sgnfs-ser2                          N/A     Y       5804

There are no active volume tasks

root at sgnfs-ser1:~# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: sgnfs-ser2
Uuid: 539bb70a-7819-457d-9dc9-cc07a85c008e
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

root at sgnfs-ser1:~# /etc/init.d/glusterfs-server status
glusterfs-server start/running, process 11672

I recognized that it maybe due to NFS service.
However, my NFS service is running.
Is there anything I should be configure? Or I can check?

Thanks all

This e-mail transmission and its attachment are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempted from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, in part or entirety, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient for this confidential e-mail, delete it immediately without keeping or distributing any copy and notify the sender immediately. The hard copies should also be destroyed. Thank you for your cooperation. It is advisable that any unauthorized use of confidential information of this Company is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email that does not relate to the official business of this Company shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by this Company.