[Gluster-users] High-availability with KVM?

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Fri Jan 20 22:05:24 UTC 2017

Ah yeah, I did wonder about that but I thought quorum was based on all
bricks, not just the replica set. Guess my first instinct was right !

> I see.  So if I switch to a different cluster quorum model, I may get
> split-brain which would need manual intervention should a node go
> missing?

Yes

> Adding an arbiter involves creating a volume from scratch?  You can't
> just add it to an existing volume.

You can, I think in your case you'd need to remove 2 nodes (removing the
distributed part), then add a brick to go to replica 3, then you should
be able to add the two arbiters at once.
If you can afford downtime creating a new volume is clearly a lot simpler :)

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111