[Gluster-users] Gluster node without a brick

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Thu Jan 12 21:20:00 UTC 2017

> If you don't put any bricks on each new nodes and bring up the replica to
> 5, dare are not replicated and thus there is nothing to access from
> "localhost"

I don't see why, the server specified for the mount point, as far as I know,
is only used to get the name and address of the different bricks, not to
access the data. So if the node was peer probed, it should have the
volume informations (gluster volume info would show the volume) even
if no bricks aren't actually hosted on localhost, am I wrong ?
I'm pretty sure I already tested this a while ago, just not 100%.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111