[Gluster-users] Weekly Community Meeting - 20170111
kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:31:57 UTC 2017
A busy meeting today. 4 topics were discussed, on 3.7.20, archiving
meeting notes in the wiki, testing cleanup and participation in the
meetings. More details can be found in the meeting page on the wiki
and in the logs. The notes have been pasted at the end for easy
reference as well.
I'll be hosting next weeks meeting. The meeting pad is ready for
new topics and updates. See everyone at 1200UTC (or possibly later)
18th Jan in #gluster-meeting.
 Minutes: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2017-01-11/weekly_community_meeting_2017-01-11.2017-01-11-12.02.html
# Meeting Notes & updates
## Topics of Discussion
The meeting is an open floor, open for discussion of any topic entered below.
- Discuss participation in the meetings
- We had low attendence and participation in meetings in Nov/Dec 2016.
- Is this still true now?
- [ndevos] Doesn't seem to have changed a lot
- Not a lot of waiting for updates and moving on.
- [shyam] new format more valuable than previous
- Anything we can do better?
- [nigelb] A slot for presentation
- Present new features/things being worked on
- [sankarshan] Optional slot at the end
- [ndevos] meetings already long enough, might not be
enough time for presentations
- [ndevos] need to change medium for presentations
- [shyam] presentations can help bring in technical
content to meeting, currently meetings are more community operations
- [ndevos] Why no maintainers participating?
- [sankarshan] Maintainers probably don't know
- [sankarshan] Why another meeting for maintainers only?
- [shyam] separate meeting to get maintainers to
participate and bubble up things here, if maintainers are here and
participating then possibly this forum can be leveraged
- Is 3.7.20 required? [kshlm]
- 3.10 is releasing next month, which means 3.7 is EOL. Does it
require another bug fix release?
- Agreed to do a 3.7.20 release to keep with schedules.
- Testing discussion update:
- Comments need to be added to the mail thread
- [jdarcy] bail on first failure in a test file
- Do we need a wiki page for meeting minutes, given that we already
have meeting minutes logged by mail and available for ready reference?
..means available as mail, available in irc logs in gluster-meeting,
why another wiki page update?
- archive to email (send updates to the lists after every meeting)
- Wiki is optional
- But not for the weekly meeting.
### Next weeks meeting host
> NOTE : Updates will not be discussed during meetings. Any important or noteworthy update will be announced at the end of the meeting
### Action Items from last week
- Need to find out when 3.9.1 is happening
- Done by kkeithley
- shyam will file a bug to get arequal included in glusterfs packages
#### GlusterFS 4.0
- Tracker bug :
- Roadmap : https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/4.0/
- GD2: No updates this week
#### GlusterFS 3.10
- Maintainers : shyam, kkeithley, rtalur
- Next release : 3.10.0
- Target date: February 14, 2017
- Release tracker : https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/milestone/1
- Review backlog for features to make the branching deadline:
- Request developer community focus on the same!
- Branching date set as 17th Jan 2017
#### GlusterFS 3.9
- Maintainers : pranithk, aravindavk, dblack, (kkeithley)
- Current release : 3.9.0
- Next release : 3.9.1
- Release date : 20 Jan 2017
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.9.1
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.9.0&hide_resolved=1
- Roadmap : https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.9/
- I will try to tag 3.9.1 today (20170111) or tomorrow. (delayed
from 20161220, or early for 20170120, depending on how you want to
look at it. --kkeithley)
#### GlusterFS 3.8
- Maintainers : ndevos, jiffin
- Current release : 3.8.7
- Next release : 3.8.8
- Release date : 10 Jan 2017
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.8.8
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.8.8&hide_resolved=1
#### GlusterFS 3.7
- Maintainers : kshlm, samikshan
- Current release : 3.7.19
- Next release : 3.7.20?
- Release date : 30 Jan 2017?
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.7.19
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.7.19&hide_resolved=1
- 3.7.19 released
### Related projects and efforts
#### Community Infra
- Gerrit OS upgrade on 21st Jan.
* Roll call (kshlm, 12:02:44)
* Is 3.7.20 required? (kshlm, 12:08:32)
* AGREED: 3.7.20 will be the (hopefully) last release of release-3.7
* Testing discussion update:
* Do we need a wiki page for meeting minutes? (kshlm, 12:23:04)
* AGREED: Meetings need to email minutes/notes to the mailing list.
Optionally add notes to wiki. (kshlm, 12:41:27)
* Weekly Community Meeting will do both. (kshlm, 12:41:43)
* Discuss participation in the meetings (kshlm, 12:41:57)
Meeting ended at 13:08:07 UTC.
People Present (lines said)
* kshlm (88)
* ndevos (47)
* nigelb (27)
* shyam (18)
* kkeithley (11)
* sankarshan (10)
* jdarcy (7)
* Saravanakmr (6)
* zodbot (3)
* skoduri (1)
* anoopcs (1)
* partner (1)
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today's meeting is due to start in 2 hours from now at 1200UTC in
> #gluster-meeting on Freenode.
> The meeting agenda and update pad is at . Add updates and topics
> for discussion here.
> See you all in 2 hours.
> : https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings
More information about the Gluster-users