[Gluster-users] gluster native client failover testing

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:57:22 UTC 2017

Hi all

As the subject states, I'm doing glusterfs native client testing.

I've configured two test gluster servers (RHEL7) running glusterfs 3.7.18.

My test client is RHEL5.11 with the glusterfs-fuse RPM 3.7.18 installed.

The client has the following in /etc/fstab:
devfil01:/gv0   /share   glusterfs
 defaults,backupvolfile-server=devfil02   0 0

I used the following shell snippet to test gluster native client failover:
for I in `seq -w 1 1000`; do sleep 0.05; touch /share/test$I; echo $I; done

A hundred or so iterations in, I rebooted devfil01.  The snippet stopped
while devfil01 was down.  It didn't swap over to devfil02.

I've manually tested that devfil02 is working.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks