[Gluster-users] GFID Mismatch - Automatic Correction ?

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 02:21:20 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 06:27 AM, Michael Ward wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a 2 data node plus 1 arbiter node replicate gluster volume
> running gluster 3.8.5. Clients are also using 3.8.5.
>
> One of the data nodes failed the other night, and whilst it was down,
> several files were replaced on the second data node / arbiter (and
> thus the filesystem path was linked to a new GFID).
>
> When the broken node was restarted, these files were in a gfid
> mismatch state. I know how to manually correct them, but was wondering
> if there is an automated way ?

For resolving gfid-split-brains, there is no automated way or
favorite-child policy. When you say 2 data+1 arbiter, you are using an
actual arbiter volume right? (as opposed to a replica 2 volume + a dummy
node which some people are referring to as arbiter for server-quourm).
gfid-split-brains should not occur on either replica-3 or arbiter
volumes with the steps you described.
Regards,
Ravi