[Gluster-users] detecting replication issues

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:01:18 UTC 2017

Hi Alessandro,

That will address the failover issue but it will not address configuring
the glusterfs client to connect to the brick over TLS. I would be happy to
be wrong. I was only able to get both by specifying that in the config
file. What's curious is why the config file doesn't handle replication the
same way as when its mounted with the mount command. I'd figure they should
be the same.

Here's my config file if anyone is interested. Perhaps I don't have
something set properly?

 volume gv0-client-0

     type protocol/client

     option ping-timeout 42

     option remote-host host1

     option remote-subvolume /data/glusterfs/gv0/brick1/brick

     option transport-type socket

     option transport.address-family inet

     option send-gids true

     option transport.socket.ssl-enabled on

 end-volume

 volume gv0-client-1

     type protocol/client

     option ping-timeout 42

     option remote-host host2

     option remote-subvolume /data/glusterfs/gv0/brick1/brick

     option transport-type socket

     option transport.address-family inet

     option send-gids true

     option transport.socket.ssl-enabled on

 end-volume

 volume gv0-client-2

     type protocol/client

     option ping-timeout 42

     option remote-host host3

     option remote-subvolume /data/glusterfs/gv0/brick1/brick

     option transport-type socket

     option transport.address-family inet

     option send-gids true

     option transport.socket.ssl-enabled on

 end-volume

 volume gv0-replicate-0

    type cluster/replicate

    subvolumes gv0-client-0 gv0-client-1 gv0-client-2

 end-volume

Joe