[Gluster-users] Problems restarting gluster

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 06:17:56 UTC 2017

On 02/23/2017 03:54 PM, xina towner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are using glusterfs with replica 2, we have 16 server nodes and
> around 40 client nodes.
>
> It happens sometimes that they lose connectivity and when we restart
> the node so it can come online again the server kicks us from the
> server and we are unable to login using ssh but the server responds to
> ICMP messages.
>
> I've google a little bit but I'm unable to find any reason why this is
> happening or any fix or workaround. Have you any experienced this
> situation also?
>
> I've found this message:
> http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users.old/2015-February/020635.html
>
> But I can't find any answer.

In straight forward I can't think of any possibilities for dependencies
between glusterfsd process and other userland process. May be somebody
else can help you.

But certainly I would be happy to look into the cause of loosing the
connection between client and bricks. If that helps please get me some
logs and other information like vol info , volume status, and version etc.

Regards
Rafi KC