[Gluster-users] Different network for server and client

Deepak Naidu dnaidu at nvidia.com
Wed Feb 22 18:03:57 UTC 2017

>>I thought about this, but if servers are also clients, then this would not work.
Well, I suppose this is not possible or not required.

In that case not sure why would you need separate network ?

>>Is it really the client which replicates the data and distributes it to the different nodes?

Yes, as far as I understand, folks can correct me here. When you mount the GlusterFS fuse, it gets the list of storage nodes which are part of the volume brick. If you write your data on the client, the GlusterFS fuse client sends it to the server based on whatever translation service is chosen, example replicated, distributed, dispersed volume.

--
Deepak