[Gluster-users] Samba ctdb questions

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Thu Feb 9 13:58:02 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to get a ctdb cluster running on top of a new glusterfs deployment and I'm having difficulty - as a smb novice - understanding how it all fits in together.
Most documents I've found online about the subject just stop after "yum install samba ctdb". My questions specifically (let's assume EL7, Gluster 3.8.8):

- Will ctdb maintain the same smb config across all gluster nodes or must I put the smb config in a replicated share across the cluster?
- What kind of user db can I use with samba and make it available to all the nodes?
I don't want to use system accounts, as that would mean maintaining the same users/groups across the whole cluster.

Thanks,
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro