[Gluster-users] reset-brick command questions

Ashish Pandey aspandey at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 02:00:21 UTC 2017

Hi Jorick,

1 - Why would I even need to specify the " HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH " twice? I just want to replace the disk and get it back into the volume.

Reset brick command can be used in different scenarios. One more case could be where you just want to change the host name to IP address of that node of bricks.
In this case also you will follow the same steps but just have to provide IP address

gluster volume reset-brick glustervol gluster1:/gluster/brick1/glusterbrick1 "gluster1 IP address" :/gluster/brick1/glusterbrick1 commit force

Now as we have this command for different cases, to keep uniformity of the command, we chose to provide brick path twice.

Coming to your case, I think you followed all the steps correctly and it should be successful.
Please provide guster volume status of the volume and also try to use "commit force" and only "commit" and let us know the result.
You may have to raise a bug if it does not work so be prepared to provide glusterd logs in /var/log/glusterfs/

--
Ashish