[Gluster-users] glusterdump filling up /var on fuse clients

Mark Connor markconnor64 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:21:26 UTC 2017

All my 3.8 fuse clients have big dumpfiles that eventually fill up /var.

-bash-4.1$ ls -lh /var/run/gl*

total 1.5G

-rw------- 1 root root 308K Dec  8 03:34 glusterdump.31050.dump.1512722042

-rw------- 1 root root 315K Dec  8 03:34 glusterdump.31124.dump.1512722042

-rw------- 1 root root 1.5G Dec  8 03:36 glusterdump.9314.dump.1512722042

I believe this may be part of the rotatelog config.

Are these files of any use? If not what would be the best way to suppress
this?
I want rotate but if I can I would like to live without managing the space
issues.

[root at gui logrotate.d]# cat glusterfs
# Rotate client logs
/var/log/glusterfs/*.log {
  sharedscripts
  weekly
  rotate 52
  missingok
  compress
  delaycompress
  notifempty
  postrotate
  /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterfs > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
  /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
  endscript
}
# Rotate server logs
/var/log/glusterfs/bricks/*.log {
  sharedscripts
  weekly
  rotate 52
  missingok
  compress
  delaycompress
  notifempty
  postrotate
  /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterfsd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
  endscript
}
/var/log/glusterfs/samples/*.samp {
  daily