[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Fri Aug 25 19:34:50 UTC 2017

Il 25-08-2017 14:22 Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
> On 25/08/2017 6:50 PM, lemonnierk at ulrar.net wrote:
>
> I run Replica 3 VM hosting (gfapi) via a 3 node proxmox cluster. Have
> done a lot of rolling node updates, power failures etc, never had a
> problem. Performance is better than any other DFS I've tried (Ceph,
> lizard/moose).

Hi, very interesting! Are you using client or server quorum?

> Never did get DRDB working.

This surprise me: I found DRBD quite simple to use, albeit I mostly use
active/passive setup in production (with manual failover)

> nb: ZFS Bricks, with each brick RAID10 - so a little paranoid on the
> redundancy :)

Yeah, I remember you on the zfs-discuss mailing list ;)

> For me, glusters biggest problem is its lack of flexibility in adding
> bricks and nodes.And replacing them is an exercise in nail biting.
> Hoping V4 improves on this though maybe that will lead to performance
> trade offs.

Can you elaborate? What are the biggest problems/inconvenience?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico