[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:22:53 UTC 2017

On 25/08/2017 6:50 PM, lemonnierk at ulrar.net wrote:
> Free from a lot of problems, but apparently not as good as a replica 3
> volume. I can't comment on arbiter, I only have replica 3 clusters. I
> can tell you that my colleagues setting up 2 nodes clusters have_a lot_
> of problems.

I run Replica 3 VM hosting (gfapi) via a 3 node proxmox cluster. Have
done a lot of rolling node updates, power failures etc, never had a
problem. Performance is better than any other DFS I've tried (Ceph,
lizard/moose). Never did get DRDB working.

nb: ZFS Bricks, with each brick RAID10 - so a little paranoid on the
redundancy :)

For me, glusters biggest problem is its lack of flexibility in adding
bricks and nodes.And replacing them is an exercise in nail biting.
Hoping V4 improves on this though maybe that will lead to performance
trade offs.

--
Lindsay Mathieson