[Gluster-users] Add brick to a disperse volume

Michel Lombart michellombart at outlook.be
Sat Aug 19 18:20:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm using Gluster since 2 years but only with distributed volumes.

I'm trying now to set dispersed volumes to have some redundancy.

I had any problem to create a functional test volume with 4 bricks and 1 redundancy ( Number of Bricks: 1 x (3 + 1) = 4 ).

I had also any problem to replace a supposed faulty brick with another one.

My problem is that I can not add a brick to increase the size of the volume as I do with distributed ones. I would have a volume of 5 bricks ( Number of Bricks: 1 x (4 + 1) = 5 ).

The command  < gluster volume add-brick test-volume 10.0.13.192:/data > return < volume add-brick: failed: Incorrect number of bricks supplied 1 with count 4 >.

The documentation and Google was helpless.

How can I do ?

Thank for your help.

Michel.