[Gluster-users] How are bricks healed in Debian Jessie 3.11

Gerry O'Brien Gerry.OBrien at scss.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 8 10:46:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

    How are bricks healed in Debian Jessie 3.11? Is it at the file of
block level? The scenario we have in mind is a 2 brick replica volume
for storing VM file systems in a self-service IaaS, e.g. OpenNebula. If
one of the bricks is off-line for a period of time all the VM files
systems will all have been modified when brick comes back on-line. As
some of these VM file systems are quite large, 100GB+, our guess is that
if healing involves copying entire files then it might be unworkable for
us as the time to restore a few minutes downtime of a single brick could
take days. Just copying modified blocks would be fine.

    Can someone give us some insight on how healing works?

            Regards,
                Gerry

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341