[Gluster-users] Upgrading from 3.6.3 to 3.10/3.11

Brett Randall brett.randall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:51:47 UTC 2017

Hi all

We have a 20-node, 1pb Gluster deployment that is running 3.6.3 - the same
version we installed on day 1. There are obviously numerous performance and
feature improvements that we'd like to take advantage of. However, this is
a production system and we don't have a replica of it that we can test the
upgrade on.

We're running CentOS 6.6 with official Gluster binaries. We rely on
Gluster's NFS daemon, and also use samba-glusterfs with samba for SMB
access to our Gluster volume.

What risks might we face with an upgrade from 3.6 to 3.10/3.11? And what
rollback options do we have?

More importantly, is there anyone who would be willing to work for a
retainer plus worked hours to be "on call" in case we have problems during
the upgrade? Someone with plenty of experience in Gluster over the years
and could diagnose any issues we may experience in an upgrade. If you're
interested, please e-mail me off-list. I'm, of course, interested in advice
on-list as well.

Thanks

Brett.