[Gluster-users] Minio as object storage

Prashanth Pai ppai at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 09:03:28 UTC 2016

> is this quick start guide correct ?
> https://github.com/gluster/gluster-swift/blob/master/doc/markdown/quick_start_guide.md

Except for the part where you get the packages from,
the guide is correct.

> What does it mean "NOTE: In Gluster-Swift, accounts must be GlusterFS
> volumes." ?
> I have to create one gluster volume for each swift account ?
> If I would like to have 10 users, I have to create 10 gluster volumes ?

Each account can have as many users you'd want.

If you'd like 10 accounts, you'll need 10 volumes.
If you have 10 volumes, you'd have 10 accounts.

For example (uploading an object):
curl -v -X PUT -T mytestfile http://localhost:8080/v1/AUTH_myvolume/mycontainer/mytestfile

Here "myvolumename" is the name of the volume as well as the account.