[Gluster-users] Production cluster planning

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:01:57 UTC 2016

> I would suggest to use separate volumes for this, because the optimizations
> for VM image store on the volume would slow things down for webservers kind
> of workload IMHO. Most of the perf xlators should be disabled in VM image
> store usecase.

Different volumes means different bricks/disks, right?
So, if I would like to have all replicated 3 times (1 disk per server)
with 2 volumes, i have to put at least 2 disks per server?

> 2hosts in replica plus arbiter.

Any differences between replica2 + arbiter or replica3 without arbiter?
Replica 3 should be more safe, as data are replicated 3 times.