[Gluster-users] Production cluster planning

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 09:57:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta <
gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are you willing to take VM snapshots at the right times?
>
> Yes, sure.
>
> In addition, the same cluster would also be used to store files shared
> between webservers, like the uploaded images and so on.

I would suggest to use separate volumes for this, because the optimizations
for VM image store on the volume would slow things down for webservers kind
of workload IMHO. Most of the perf xlators should be disabled in VM image
store usecase.

> > Please don't use EC for Random write workload, it is better for extending
> > write workload at the moment. Replica 3/Arbiter is what I would suggest.
>
> With replica 3/arbiter do you mean 3 hosts in replica plus an arbitrer
> or 2 hosts in replica plus an arbiter?

2hosts in replica plus arbiter.

--
Pranith