[Gluster-users] Un-delete a file

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 15:43:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 03:27:46PM +0200, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During last night's problems we ended up having to delete the VM's disks
> and re-creating them from scratch, then import the datas from the backups.
> I don't think so but just to be sure, is there a way to recover those deleted
> files ? We had to remove them because we don't have much space on this volume,
> but for one of the VM we'd need to recover that disk, see if we may be able
> to extract some data from it with some time.

In case you have the Trash translator enabled, you can get to the old
files. it is disabled by default though:
  http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Trash/

An other option would be to access volume snapshots, but you have to
configure taking them too:
  http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Managing%20Snapshots/

HTH,
Niels