[Gluster-users] Change active node in Distributed Geo Replication

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 10:08:09 UTC 2016

Unfortunately we do not have option to choose Active Workers. Following
two modes are supported(Both are automatic)

Node ID:(Default Mode)
----------------------
If a node ID present in first up sub volumes list then the respective
worker will become Active, Rest of the workers will be passive. (Note:
If multiple bricks present in same node then all worker will become
Active irrespective of replica is active)
If Active node goes down then next up node from sub volume will become
Active.

Meta Volume:
------------
Meta Volume can be used to keep lock files. All workers of a replica
group will try to acquire lock, but one worker among replica group will
get the lock and becomes active. If a Active Node/Worker goes down then
other Passive workers will get lock and become Active.

Look for Meta Volume in the following doc,
http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Distributed%20Geo%20Replication/

We are working on to provide option to choose Active workers
manually.(Hopefully this feature will land in 3.10 release(Dec 2016))

regards
Aravinda