[Gluster-users] WAN replication

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:56:11 UTC 2016

As i'm planning a new email infrastructure with Gluster storage, I
would like to get a fully geographically redundant storage.

Speed should not be a critical factor for a mailbox (I think)
What would happen by setting a peer across a WAN connection ? (fibre 100mbit) ?

Currenty I don't have 100mbit/s of disk writes on my email servers.
In a replica 3, all reads are distributed across the whole cluster or
only on first node? Because having all reads to cross the Internet is
not good.

Any advice? Georeplication is async, thus I can't load-balance the
IMAP servers nor using a failover, because the replicated cluster is
always out-of-sync