[Gluster-users] Production cluster planning

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:54:09 UTC 2016

Maybe a controversial question (and hopefully not trolling), but any
particularly reason you choose gluster over ceph for these larger setups
Joe?

For myself, gluster is much easier to manage and provides better
performance on my small non-enterprise setup, plus it plays nice with zfs.

But I thought ceph had the edge on large, many node, many disk setups.
It would seem it handles adding/removing disks better that the juggling
you have to do with gluster to keep replication triads even.

To complex/fragile maybe?

Genuinely curious.

--
Lindsay Mathieson