[Gluster-users] Production cluster planning

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:56:34 UTC 2016

> Yah, RAID10.
>
> - Two nodes with 4 WD 3TB RED

I really hate RAID10.
I'm evaluating 2 RAIZ2 on each gluster node (12 disks: 6+6 on each
RAIDZ2) or one huge RAIDZ3 with 12 disks.
The biggest drawback with RAIDZ is that is impossible to add disks on
an existing pool. So, I have to start immediatly with 12 disks (in
case of a RAIDZ3)
Probably, 2 RAIDZ2 made with 6 disks is enough.

> - One node with 2 WD 3TB reds and 6 * 600MB SAS Velocirtprs

Velociraptors: are still around ? I heard that were EOL a couple of years ago.