[Gluster-users] Production cluster planning

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:31:32 UTC 2016

On 27/10/2016 3:53 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Are you using any ZFS RAID on your servers?

Yah, RAID10.

- Two nodes with 4 WD 3TB RED

- One node with 2 WD 3TB reds and 6 * 600MB SAS Velocirtprs

High Endurance High Speed SSD's for SLOG devices on each node. Std SSD's
don't cut it, I've run through a lot of them. ZFS/Gluster/VM Hosting
generates an extraordinary amount of writes. And the quoted write speeds
for most SSD's are for *compressible* data, their performance goes to
shit when you write pre-compressed data to them, which I have activated
for ZFS.

--
Lindsay Mathieson