[Gluster-users] Maildir

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 12:31:41 UTC 2016

> Never tried it, but I always heard you should never do that. Having
> to processes accessing the same file won't end up well I think.

I don't want to create a master/master setup
One maildir is "running" only on one dovecot server.
But multiple dovecot servers are using the same gluster storage.

> Dovecot has it's own replication mechanism, you should problably
> take a look at dsync.

I'll look at this but AFAIK dsync only support a two-node replication,
like DRBD.
Two node replication is exactly what I would like to avoid at any cost
(splitbrains and so on)