[Gluster-users] What is the meaning of default 0 for performance.cache-max-file-size in glusterfs?

Jin Li lijin.abc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:14:50 UTC 2016

Hi all,

When I checked my glusterfs configuration, the default value of
performance.cache-max-file-size is 0. Please find the following
command that I have run.

$ sudo gluster volume set help
Option: performance.cache-max-file-size
Default Value: 0

Could you help show me what is the meaning of default value 0 for
performance.cache-max-file-size?

Please find my gluster version as below.

$ sudo gluster --version
glusterfs 3.6.9 built on Mar  2 2016 18:21:17
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU
General Public License.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Jin