[Gluster-users] [URGENT] Add-bricks to a volume corrupted the files

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:27:56 UTC 2016

On 20/10/2016 7:01 AM, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> Yes, you need to add a full replica set at once.
> I don't remember, but according to my history, looks like I've used this :
>
> gluster volume add-brick VMs host1:/brick host2:/brick host3:/brick force
>
> (I have the same without force just before that, so I assume force is needed)

Ok, I did a:

gluster volume add-brick datastore1
vna.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore1-2
vnb.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore1-2
vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore1-2

I had added a 2nd windows VM as well.

Looked like it was going ok for a while, then blew up. The first windows
vm which was running diskmark died and won't boot. qemu-img check shows
the image hopelessly corrupted. 2nd VM has also crashed and is
unbootable, though qemuimg shows the qcow2 file as ok.

I have a sneaking suspicion its related to active IO. VM1 was doing
heavy io compared to vm2, perhaps thats while is image was corrupted worse.

rebalance status looks odd to me:

root at vna:~# gluster volume rebalance datastore1 status
                                     Node Rebalanced-files
size       scanned      failures skipped               status  run time
in h:m:s
                                --------- -----------   -----------
-----------   ----------- -----------         ------------
--------------
                                localhost 0        0Bytes
0             0 0            completed        0:0:1
                      vnb.proxmox.softlog 0        0Bytes
0             0 0            completed        0:0:1
                      vng.proxmox.softlog 328        19.2GB
1440             0 0          in progress        0:11:55

Don't know why vng is taking so much longer, the nodes are identical.
But maybe this normal?

When I get time, I'll try again with:

- all vm's shutdown (no IO)

- All VM's running off the gluster fuse mount (no gfapi).

cheers,

--
Lindsay Mathieson