[Gluster-users] [URGENT] Add-bricks to a volume corrupted the files

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Wed Oct 19 20:39:11 UTC 2016

> I had a go at reproducing it last night Kevin with 3.8.4
>
> - new volume
>
> - Initial 2 bricks on two hosts
>
> - copied a windows VM on to it
>
> - Started some load (Crystal DiskMark in the VM)
>
> - Added a 3rd brick and node

For the size it's already more that what I have, most of our VMs are
20 Gb or less. They are almost all Linux webservers, the load on the disk
comes from MySQL almost exclusivly, but I guess load is load.
Still, it's not much, I think we currently have something like 15 Mb/s
average writing on the volume, so nothing crazy.

Did you add a third brick in replication, if I understand it correctly ?
That's not the problem I had, that does seem to be working fine.
What broke was adding 3 new bricks to a replica 3, bumping it from 1 x 3
to a 2 x 3. That doesn't start a heal, at least not until you start a
rebalance, but I didn't even get to that point :(

That's the only bug I've experienced so far in 3.7.12, everything else
(including increasing the replica count) seems to be working perfectly fine.
That's why I'm still installing that version, even though it's outdated.

Thanks !
--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111