[Gluster-users] Healing Delays - possibly solved

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:34:20 UTC 2016

On 2/10/2016 12:48 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> This was raised earlier but I don't believe it was ever resolved and
> it is becoming a serious issue for me.
>

> I'm doing rolling upgrades on our three node cluster (Replica 3,
> Sharded, VM Workload).
>

> I update one node, reboot it, wait for healing to complete, do the
> next one.

Recently, I decided to remove all the heal optimisations I made to
volume settings.

- cluster.self-heal-window-size: 1024
- cluster.background-self-heal-count: 16

Just reset them to defaults.

Since then I've done several rolling reboots and a lot of test kills of
glusterfsd. Each time the volume heals have been prompt and fast, so I'm
going t assume my settings were part of the problem. Perhaps the large
heal windows size was repsonsible for the long delays before heal started?

Cheers,

--
Lindsay Mathieson