[Gluster-users] rot-13 Translator query

Ankireddypalle Reddy areddy at commvault.com
Sat Oct 15 14:52:41 UTC 2016

Hi,
      I am trying to follow the below document for developing a translator.
      https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/developer-guide/translator-development.md

      I've created a replica volume and modified the vol file to include rot-13 translator. Below is the snippet from vol file.

volume myvol-posix
    type storage/posix
    option volume-id b492191e-77a5-4fc3-9394-49218e36dae2
    option directory /brick1/repli
end-volume

volume myvol-rot13
    type encryption/rot-13
    subvolumes myvol-posix
end-volume

volume myvol-trash
    type features/trash
    option trash-internal-op off
    option brick-path /brick1/repli
    option trash-dir .trashcan
    subvolumes myvol-rot13
end-volume

The writes are getting intercepted by the translator and the file is getting encrypted. But the reads don't seem to be getting intercepted by the translator.  I tried setting break point in the posix_readv function and attach the brick daemons to gdb. But posix_readv does not seem to be getting called on the brick daemon and the read completes on the application side.

Can someone please explain how the reads are getting serviced here without hitting the posix layer.

Thanks and Regards,
Ram
"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."