[Gluster-users] 3.6 branch upgrade plan

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 05:32:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Roman <romeo.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone please?

hi Roman,
      It is festival time in India so quite a few people are not checking
mails :-).
      Good to see that everything is working fine for you with 3.6. but
this branch will see an End of life soon(In a month may be). Do you think
it is better to move to 3.7.x/3.8.x?

As for the steps:
Steps do look okay to me. If I may suggest, could you do the upgrade next
week? Not a lot of people will be available to help (I mean my colleagues)
this week, if you face any problem for any unforeseen reason.

>> Hello, dear community!
>> It was pretty much time for me not writing here, but it only means, that
>> everything was just fine with our gluster storage for KVM VMs.
>>
>> We are running 3.6.5 @ debian wheezy servers. As wheezy is a part of
>> history, we would like to upgrade. We're pretty happy with 3.6 branch and
>> we'd like to stay with it. As far as I can see from gluster repo, 3.6.9
>> supports both jessie and wheezy.
>>
>> So I've made a little plan and I'd like to ask if it is OK (may be
>> someone already done something like this and could advise me something).
>>
>> 1. stop all KVM VM-s, unmount gluster share from KVM hosts
>> 2. stop glusterd on both   our storages
>> 3. upgrade both storages to jessie via apt-get dist-upgrade
>> 4. update 3.6.5 to 3.6.9
>> 5. start everything.
>>
>> Should this work or I might facing  some problems?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Roman.
>>

> --