[Gluster-users] 3.6 branch upgrade plan

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:42:40 UTC 2016

Hello, dear community!
It was pretty much time for me not writing here, but it only means, that
everything was just fine with our gluster storage for KVM VMs.

We are running 3.6.5 @ debian wheezy servers. As wheezy is a part of
history, we would like to upgrade. We're pretty happy with 3.6 branch and
we'd like to stay with it. As far as I can see from gluster repo, 3.6.9
supports both jessie and wheezy.

So I've made a little plan and I'd like to ask if it is OK (may be someone
already done something like this and could advise me something).

1. stop all KVM VM-s, unmount gluster share from KVM hosts
2. stop glusterd on both   our storages
3. upgrade both storages to jessie via apt-get dist-upgrade
4. update 3.6.5 to 3.6.9
5. start everything.

Should this work or I might facing  some problems?

--
Best regards,
Roman.