[Gluster-users] How gluster parallelize reads

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Oct 3 09:33:56 UTC 2016

By default, the client reads from localhost first, if the client is also
a server, or the first to respond. This can be tuned to balance the load
better (see "gluster volume set help") but that's not necessarily more
efficient. As always, it depends on the workload.

Reading as you suggested is actually far less efficient. The reads would
always be coming from disk and never in any readahead cache.